Watersport are among people’s favorites, and while you have where to choose from, most people prefer to surf and ride jet skis. However, there is one sport or activity (however you like to call it) that has been gaining a lot of popularity over the last few years, and that is kneeboarding. It is a towed sport, so to speak. You get a kneeboard and have a boat or a jet ski tow you. Some people even use parasail wings, but that is for the more advance kneeboarders.
If you are not yet familiar with kneeboarding, a kneeboard is a surf-like board, but instead, on standing on your feet, you stay on your knees. It is shorter and more lightweight than a surfboard, and to be honest, it seems like it is easier to use. Standing on your knees is a lot easier than on your feet. The balance is better. That makes me think that amateurs can use it as well. The good news is that since you need to be towed, you can use it on flat bodies of water, not only on the wavy ocean. Of course, competitive kneeboarding includes wave riding on a kneeboard, but nowadays, everything is possible.
Types of kneeboards
The first kneeboard was released in the 1950s, and it was invented in California (of course). Ever since the board has suffered some modifications but it there have only been improvements. After all, that is the natural course of all things. With that being said, today, we have two types of kneeboards: recreational kneeboards and competitive kneeboards.
The recreational kneeboard
A recreational kneeboard has a roto-molded board, which means that it is cheaper. The edges are soft and wide because they are designed to be used by beginners. After all, they need all the help that they can get. The edges I am talking about provide a smooth turning, and they are easier to control. The recreational kneeboard is somewhat thicker than the competitive counterpart, and that makes it buoyant. It can very well be used as a floating device. If you want, you can even find recreational kneeboards that have fins so that you can take turns more conveniently.
The competitive kneeboard
The competitive kneeboard is compression molded, and it enjoys more durability and performance than the recreational counterpart. That is why they are used mostly by advanced kneeboarders. I cannot see how a beginner can use this kind. At the same time, the competitive kneeboard is lighter and thinner with sharp edges. That allows a fast turn, and you can do tricks on it. As you can imagine, this type of kneeboard is not buoyant, but you can use it in deep waters.
Competitive kneeboards are equipped with rockers, and there are several kinds of those as well. More of them translate to sharp runs, while fewer are ideal for speed. If you are interested in doing some tricks, you may want a kneeboard with a round bottom and round edges. Slalom boards, on the other hand, have sharp edges for tight turns.
Looking at these two types of kneeboards, you need to make a decision according to your skill level. If you have some at all, I would still recommend a recreational kneeboard. I only recommend competitive kneeboards for people who are not buying their first board. Just advanced users should buy a competitive board. That is because accidents do occur, and I would not want for you to get into an accident just because you did not choose the best kneeboard for you. Stick to the recreational kneeboard until you know you master the kneeboarding itself.
How to choose the best kneeboard
If you go online, you will be flooded with hundreds of models. Choosing one may be tricky. However, to make the right choice, always read the specifications on a particular product before you buy it. You should also consider the next few things.
- Size – not all kneeboards are of the same size. They come in several, actually. While this may seem insignificant, the size of the board will determine how your experience is going to go. If you want to buy a kneeboard for the entire family, pick a kneeboard that comes in one size that fits all. I know it does not sound ideal, but there are kneeboards out there that feature some degree of adjustability, and that should be enough for a recreational kneeboard. If you buy a competitive kneeboard, the size needs to fit your perfectly.
- Type – we discussed types above, and I am pretty sure you need to go for the recreational kneeboard. As I said before, there is no point in spending more money on a competitive kneeboard is you do not have the skills to use. It is a waste if you ask me.
- Style – when it comes to style, you need to choose from the slalom board and the one for tricks. The former is easy to recognize because it has sharp edges. It is designed for smooth The latter, on the other hand, has bottom round edges, which come in handy if you want to do some flips or other tricks.
- Construction – even if the kneeboard is a water sports equipment, which means that your chances of denting it are pretty low in the water, it does not mean it has to be flimsy. In fact, the construction needs to be durable. Water may be harmless when you sit still, but at high speeds, it can get pretty rough. At the same time, look for high-quality materials like premium EVA plastic. Kneeboards are not the cheapest products, and I guess you do not want to look for the best kneeboard nest summer as well, do you?
- The knee wells – the knee wells are the spots designated for your knees when you are using the kneeboard. They need to be comfortable enough so that you do not feel pain while you are using it or after. Look for models that have padded knee wells. That way you can be comfortable, and you will not experience any pain after a kneeboarding session.
- Design – I left this at the bottom of the list because it does not matter much. The color and the patterns on the kneeboard does not affect your experience in any way. However, if you want a kneeboard that looks cool, I am sure you are going to find one. There are a lot of available designs on the market. I am sure you will find at least one that you will think is appealing
What are the best kneeboards?
As I said above, buying a random product is the biggest mistake you can make. You need to check the product out, take a look at its specifications, and weigh your options. At the same time, I recommend reading some kneeboards reviews online. People who have already bought a particular product are the most qualified to tell you whether or not that product is worth its money. If you find both those methods tedious, you can choose one of the kneeboards below. They are all excellent products. Not high-end, but the price-quality ratio is more than satisfactory.
SereneLife Watersport Kneeboard with Hook for Kids and Adults
The kneeboard from SereneLife is one of the best kneeboards I could find at an affordable price. Sure, it is not cheap, but you cannot buy a cheap kneeboard and expect it to be high-quality. Even so, you will have a wonderful time riding it. As the title suggests, it is suitable for both adults and children, which means that this kneeboard can provide fun for the entire family.
The SereneLife kneeboard is very lightweight, which makes it easy to carry. It weighs under 9 pounds, and since it is not that big, it can easily fit in the trunk of your car. It features a strap for extra safety. You need to have something to hold on to, after all. The strap is adjustable so that you can use the kneeboard for boat activities, lake surfing, and even river crushing.
The kneeboard measures 50 inches in length and 20 inches in width. The knee wells are shaped so that you can stay comfortably on your knees. The product is incredibly durable and water resistant. It is made of corrosion-proof and marine-grade materials. It is strong enough to last for years. It is suitable for both beginners and advanced users. It has a catchy design that I think you will find appealing.
Driftsun Charger Kneeboard
The kneeboard from Driftsun is another kneeboard that I think you will find attractive. It is a bit more expensive than the previous product, but I think it is worth it. It is a comfortable kneeboard that features a soft molded EVA knee pad. It is a very good shock absorbent for soft landings. Plus, you will sit very comfortably in it. It measures 54 inches by 20 inches.
The Driftsun kneeboard has a classic spoon shape that provides a smooth and easy ride. The rounded V shape hull allows you to do some tricks. You can spin 180 and 360 degrees. Plus, the round mid-section hull with the progressive edge allows you to perform a lot of other tricks. As long as you have the skill, you can go for it.
This kneeboard also has a durable construction. It is designed with reinforced knee strap brackets, a tough rotomolded shell, and an EPS core. It has an integrated tow hook for easy deep water starts and an adjustable 3-inch padded knee strap. Together with the soft knee wells, this kneeboard will provide an incredibly comfortable experience.
Leader Accessories Kneeboard
The last high-quality kneeboard on my list is the one manufactured by Leader Accessories. It is yet another incredibly durable product that can provide fun for the entire family the design is not something you want to overlook either. In fact it looks pretty incredible. However, that is a matter of taste.
The kneeboard features exceptionally durable EVA foam padding for extra comfort. Your knees should be more than comfortable in the wells. The built-in hook is excellent for beginners who are just learning how to kneeboard. The 3-inch padded adjustable strap should help with that because it provides stability and some extra comfort.
The Leader Accessories kneeboard measures 50 inches in length, and 20 inches in width. The beveled edge will help you make fast cuts and sit low in the water. Even if this product is ideal for beginners, you can still use it as an advanced kneeboarder. The shape and the edges allow you to do some tricks. Not like a competitive kneeboard, but you still have some wiggle room you can enjoy. Overall, I think this is an excellent product that can provide a lot of fun for you this summer.
I think that no matter which product you choose from the three presented above, you will enjoy it very much. However, if I were you, I would go with the Driftsun Charger Kneeboard. I think it is the most suitable for both advanced users and beginners. It has the comfort and stability for a beginner, but the design allows advanced users to play with it and do some tricks. I think this is one of the best kneeboards you can find within this price range.
If you are looking for a new means of entertainment for this summer, a kneeboard may be the way to go. After all, I have yet to meet someone who does not like water sports, and since you landed on this page, I think you do. Kneeboarding can be very fun once you get the hang of it, and one of the products above will help you get yours. All you have to do is pick one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Ultimate Trick Kneeboard Trick
- The Undisputed Truth About Best Kneeboard 2015 That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Most Incredibly Neglected Answer for Best Workout Dvds
- A Simple Trick for Ipad Kneeboard for Pilots Exposed
- Top Best Weighted Vest Guide!
- What Everybody Dislikes About Flight Kneeboard and Why
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Ifr Kneeboard
- The True Meaning of Top Rated Kneeboards
- The Insider Secret on Ipad Mini Kneeboard with Clipboard Exposed
- How to Choose Best Jump Rope
- Life, Death and Kneeboard Hook
- Ipad Pro Kneeboard – a Quick Outline
- Ipad Mini Kneeboard for Pilots at a Glance
- The Pain of Kneeboarding
- The Most Popular Ipad Air 2 Kneeboard
- The Hidden Facts on Kids Kneeboard
- The Ultimate O Brien Ricochet Kneeboard Trick
- Best Kneeboard for Tricks – What Is It?
- Life, Death, and Ipad Air Kneeboard
- Finding the Best Best Inflatable Sup
- Private Facts About Hydroslide Revolution Kneeboard That Only the Pros Know About
- O Brien Kneeboard – What Is It?
- The Secrets of Best Elliptical Machine Revealed
- The Basic Facts of Best Treadmill
- Ruthless Cheap Kneeboards Strategies Exploited
- The Secrets of Ipad Mini 4 Kneeboard Exposed
- Un-Answered Issues With Kneeboard Strap Exposed
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About Kneeboard Pilot and What You Need to Do
- The Sole Approach You Should Be Using for Aviation Kneeboard
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Ipad Mini Kneeboard
- The 5-Minute Rule for Ipad Kneeboard
- Things You Should Know About Hydroslide Kneeboard
- The Ideal Strategy for Pilot Kneeboard
- The Start of Kneeboards for Sale
- Kneeboard Explained